About Me

My photo
NC, United States
I am a 41 year-old married woman, newly diagnosed, and living with Lupus. I hope to inspire others to re-claim their vibrancy, life and focus on the positives of everyday life. I also desperately needed a place to VENT, if only to myself. I am a born fighter... I will win this! I am mother to two wonderful daughters aged 18 & 7. I am an ECU Mom - Go Pirates! I love College Football and Hockey. I put God First in my life and then everything else falls into place :)

Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day Weekend

"Mommy, will you always be sick?” “No, Mommy is broken right now but the Dr.’s are going to get me all fixed up”. I didn’t exactly lie; I am hoping this goes into remission so that I am fixed.

Moving my oldest daughter into her Dorm at East Carolina and then having my husband temporarily deploy to El Salvador 2 days later flung me into another flare  At the college I was in and out of the sun and didn’t listen to my family when they kept telling me to “rest Jul”, “stay in the shade Jul”, “Mom lay on the bed, I don’t want you to get sick again”… “I’ll be fine” I said. I was feeling pretty good and started to feel better as the days went on. I was back into designing jewelry and delving into the photography that I love so much. I went back to the gym, pushed myself on the Elliptical and didn’t slow down. Then 5 days later it hit...

I seemed okay until ½ way through my daughter’s first day of 2nd grade. Then the familiar crushing fatigue, sore throat, loss of appetite, and chills alternating with sweats started. I went from feeling just fine to REAL sick very quickly. I don’t know how I found the energy but I met my youngest daughter at the front door to act all excited about the first day. By the look on her little face she knew I was ill again. No matter how hard I try to hide it, I can’t fool her. I hate that terrified look  Darn Army… why El Salvador and why NOW? No one is here to help us and I desperately needed a strong shoulder to cry on. My daughter needs to feel secure and she can’t when I am home alone and ill. Talk about insecurity and panic mode…

I just gave in this time, I know now that when my body says rest I do it. If that means for 11 hours or 11 days it doesn’t matter. Boxing gloves off, my friend Tamura took over with my youngest and I called my mom in for the weekend to help until my husband got home. When my husband arrived, he told me under no circumstances was I to do anything but shower and rest – period, until I pulled out of this flare. He is so supportive and calm. In true military mode, he just takes over – adapt and overcome.

During the last week (spent mostly resting) I reluctantly canceled my upcoming paid for Bahamas Cruise. My Dr. and husband did not want me to be out of the continental US during this unstable stage and have to be medevaced to Florida should anything happen on the ship. Although I agreed with them, I cried so hard I had the booking agent crying for Pete’s sake (sorry Lorraine and Susan). I was supposed to be my 41st Birthday bash and my friends Jason and Jen are booked on the same cruise. Darn Lupus *cry*.

When God? WHEN will this get better? I am not missing college football games and Hockey games even if I have to lie on the floor of the arenas to attend. I know it takes 6 months for the Plaquenil to really do its job so I am patiently waiting and praying. Until then, life must go on and the only way I know how to live is to the fullest.

Realizing as transplants here in NC, we need reinforcement in time of need. We interviewed a Nanny. My only requirement, other than she actually like kids (hey, you never know) is that she speak English as a second language so that she can teach our youngest Spanish. A sweet lady that speaks very broken English, but background checked and valid Driver’s License. Veronica will be helpful for me.

Today was great. I felt like the old me. I felt no signs at all of the dreaded “L”. I helped put up a tent for my husband and daughter – he promised her a camp out so it’s in the backyard ;) We put up a tree swing on our property for our youngest and had a very enjoyable day spent outside, finished off with a BBQ. Company in from Corning, NY (my home town ). I hope I don’t have to pay tomorrow for having a good day today.

Thanks for following,
Julie

1 comment:

  1. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob,,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid. disease,Lupus,Lipoid Storage diseases( Gauchers disease),Polycystic Disease.,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Cirrhosis of Liver,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic,HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..    

    ReplyDelete